The University’s process of selecting profile areas will be further developed.
During the period November 2021 – March 2022, the Lund University Management invited researchers to submit a notification of interest to become a profile area at Lund University.
The next round of identifying additional profile areas will be initiated during 2023. The University’s process of selecting profile areas will be further developed. Your answer to this survey will be an important input to this process.
The first process of identifying profile areas was open to all researchers. Information could be found on this blog.
The management order specified criteria for Lund University’s profile areas. The aim for Lund University was to utilise its strengths in the best possible way to create profile areas that will be successful in the application for national quality-based research funding, as well as contributing to moving the University’s research, education and external engagement forwards. 24 notifications of interest were submitted by the university’s researchers. On 23 June 2022, the University appointed five profile areas for the period 2022-2030. The five profile areas are:
- Human Rights in a Polarised World
- Light and Materials – from fundamental understanding to industrial and societal needs
- Natural and Artificial Cognition: 1, 2, many.
- Proactive Ageing: Brain & Movement – from molecular changes to engagement with life and society
- Sustainable Solutions in the Climate Change – Biodiversity – Social Nexus – ClimBioSis
The survey is open until 30 October.
Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions!